I didn't know what to expect of the class before the semester started, because I've never taken a night class or a class that was scheduled for a three hour period. And this is my late start to the whole blogging thing because I've never had one before, and it feels a little weird to be posting my thoughts like this on the internet, but I'm sure I will start to enjoy it once I get it going. So far, I've been satisfied with the class. I like the openness and laid-back atmosphere, while at the same time trying to learn new things with a different perspective. I thought the guest speakers at the last class were interesting because of their life stories and how open they were to sharing them with us.
After reading the article, I have to say that I don't really agree with the transgenic salmon. It just doesn't seem right to me to be modifying an animal like that for consumption. I'm not sure, but I think we all eat food that is modified in some way, but I've never really asked about it, and having read the article made me more aware of the situation. I like salmon, but genetically altered things kind of scare me a little, even if they taste good. But, I suppose they would be alright to eat because they may be getting approved by the FDA, but I guess only time will tell, and we will see if there are any negative effects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment