Friday, November 26, 2010

Field Trip: November 20 @ Kualoa Ranch

At first I didn't think that the field trip was going to be that great because of getting up early and thinking that we were just going to do some chores on the ranch, but I ended up feeling differently about it at the end of the day.  Learning about the history of the fish pond and what was happening to it now was an experience that I will remember because people dedicate their time and effort and make it their job to conserve places like that and being a part of making it better made me feel like I contributed.  I wasn't expecting that many people to be there, but I'm glad there were a lot of hands helping because when I heard that they wanted to make trenches and saw where they wanted to make them I thought it would take forever, but it actually wasn't that long because of all the people.  I didn't really know what to do at first after the beach cleanup, so I helped with pulling out mangroves first and later with some shoveling.  I thought it was a good experience and wouldn't mind doing it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment