Friday, December 17, 2010

Reaction to "Drowning Beautiful"

I've never heard of an artist making sculptures and then have them put under water.  At first I thought it was kind of a strange idea because usually that kind of art is displayed in museums, but I think it's a great idea because it is a form of art as well as something that helps the underwater environment by creating artificial reefs.  What I thought was interesting from his website was how it had a part about the different perspective of looking underwater, which included how objects appear 25 percent larger and how colors alter light.  It was nice to read that the one with all the children holding hands in a circle, called Vicissitudes, had a message about growth, chance, and natural transformation.  I think that this form of art is unique because there really is no limit to what one can sculpt, and it is kind of like a multi-purpose art.  It isn't just nice to look at, but it does something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment